D.I., 3 frames, 1 mirror, two books, one to read, one to rip.
Hobby Lobby, Paper, more paper, Mod Podge.
Walmart, Oreo's, cream cheese.
1. It started like any other trip Laur and I take, with Yellow car and Music.
We went to D.I. first and picked up some frames and books. I found an old one called "Phronsie Pepper" Yeah... I tried reading it because I almost felt guilty for ripping it up, after trying to read the first paragraph I didn't feel bad anymore. I also got a book with Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, and The Collected Poems of Emily Dickenson (Which I already have and Love, however, it had those other books in them! I had to get it!). We then went to Hobby Lobby. Let me just say this, that is One Dangerous store! We both picked out some paper and Mod Podge. Last we went to Walmart and got Oreo's and cream cheese. Oreo truffles, duh.

2. Then it went to this. Ripped paper, frames, boxes, vases, books, Mod Podge, music, phones, and sticky fingers like you would Not believe!
3. The first finished product. I wish we had taken before and after pictures! But we didn't. So before this lovely thing had a make over. It was all wood where the purple was, kind of boring. I also took a picture and some words from the book and added those for a little extra charm.
4. I don't have any pictures yet. I'll add them tomorrow maybe. Next I Mod Podged three frames, and put pages from the old book on them. Kenzee had shown me a poem called "Date a Girl Who Reads" I fell in Love. (You can read it here.) I formatted and printed it off, so the picture frames were for that.
They look so good, I'll take a picture later today and put them up, pinky promise.
5. Kevin came over and we made Oreo truffles. I may or may not had burnt the Almond Bark. We don't need to discuss it really. So off to Walmart it was. finally we finished them.
6. 20 minutes of Mary Poppins and off to bed
Craft Night a success? Absolutely.




No comments:
Post a Comment