2011-04-10

"I'm sorry, my maturity level isn't old enough to date you."

This, my dear friends, is something I said while talking to a lovely friend tonight.

Remember when you were fifteen, and you could say, "Sorry, I'm not sixteen yet, I can't go on a date." Perfect excuse. I loved those days, not needing to dig in your brain for a reason as to why you couldn't go on a date with someone. Well.. I'm not fifteen anymore. Unfortunately. In fact, in one week exactly.. I will be one year older and wiser too. 19. 

Let's face it, I'm eighteen, and attending college. There are eligible men left and right. I get a little intimidated. C'mon, what do you expect? I'm just going to be blunt. I don't Really want to date anyone. Will I Go on dates with boys? Yes. Date someone? Not now. The words boyfriend, love (lovey dovey love), cuddling, hand holding, kissing, dating, and any relating to it have been thrown out of my dictionary. Don't worry, sidewalk chalk, coloring, bubbles, bouncy balls, kites, giraffes and sprinkles are still there of course. It's just as simple as that.

Boys, you just aren't very appealing to me right now. I apologize. Let's wait a little while, okay? Alright. We can be friends, but that is it. For now I'll bring my coloring books to class, jump on the bed, and drink my orange juice for breakfast. I will still have tantrums, cry, whine, and refuse to do my laundry. I will ask for a pretty yellow bike and a giraffe pillow pet for my birthday. Don't worry, the day will come that I'll grow up, it's just not today. 

Time for a bedtime story. Nighty night. 

With Love, 
Jer-bear. 

P.S. Happy Birthday Dad :)

1 comment:

makenzee kassing said...

I love this soo much Jer!!! Can we color outside in the sun today??