2011-04-13

BFF

A girl needs her best friend.


Whether it be her sister, a girl from school, or the boy just down the street. She needs that person. 
I would say I have one of each of the above, however, not anymore. 


I still have two wonderful sisters, a girl from school who I absolutely Adore. The third spot has recently been left vacant. I've been surviving. Doing great in fact. 


It was brutal, still is late at night and on the occasional sunny day. I never want to do that again. Although, I have grown miles and I've learned a lot. 


Think of a person. The person you text when you hear or see something funny. The person you tell good news to first. That same person that comforts you when needed, even if they aren't near. The person that makes you smile on the worst days, when even you can't pick yourself up. Who is the only one who knows your dreams, fears, secrets.

Now Imagine that Person Gone. 


It's possible, I promise. It's also possible to walk away, and into open arms. It's possible to let go. Every week I have a new sting of pain, just an inch. It's all I can bear, and He knows that. I'm accepting slowly, and with each day comes a new horizon, a new purpose.


"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"
-Mary Anne Radmacher

No comments: