2011-03-24

A Hero.

Bet you didn't know I graduated, huh? 
Today while driving back from country swing dancing, I was reminded of an incident. It was summer of 2010, I was loving life, hanging out with friends left and right. One evening a friend called to see if I wanted to get together with her and a few other people. Soon after getting there I felt a little odd, I realized I felt as if I were observing a group date. Yes, that's right, every boy there matched up with a girl in whom they liked at the time. So ther I was.. awkward as can be. 
I had driven my own car just in case I needed to leave early at any time. Unfortunately we had driven to someone else's house to play volleyball after playing card games. I was dragged off in another car to save on gas? I don't know. My friend told me to come with her in their car. So I did. 
Soon after getting to one boys house I went on a walk. My goal? To get lost. I didn't want to be there anymore, I was uncomfortable and didn't want to be around them. I had also found out they were going to be watching a movie later. I shed a tear or 30, and made a phone call.
 Dad was on his way, even though he was going to be Late to racquetball. I was so grateful for that. Ten minutes later, I jumped into the car and was dropped off at my friends house to get the car I had driven. He is my hero. He saved me. I'm so grateful for my dad, he's amazing. I love him so much. 

No comments: