2010-12-27

Night Three?

Hello everyone. This is my third time pulling an all nighter to sitting with my grandpa. It usually goes something like this. Ten o'clock, get to Orem and get comfortable. Midnight, first movie over second started. One-thirty/two, start third movie. Three/four, you guessed it start fourth movie. Five, start fifth movie and fight staying awake. Six, getting a lot more tired. Seven, talk with grandpa a little if he's awake and walk around. Continue to walk around till eight. I find that Usually I'm alright staying up all night, as long as I have movies and stand up and walk around when I get tired. Wowee! Those last two or three hours are quite hard.

I've learned a lot from these few times being here. One, my sleeping/eating schedules are so off. I never know if I'm supposed to be sleeping or awake, and I forget what time of day it is. Before I go to sleep in the morning, or when I wake up, do I eat? My stomach feels like it's eating itself. Maybe it's just the transition. Hopefully.

I think we have a cycle going on here, broken hip, hospital, rehab, pneumonia, hospital, rehab, pneumonia (slightly). Do you agree? In all honesty, I do Not like this cycle. Do you realize what's next in the cycle?? Hospital. I am not okay with that.

My grandpa is so strong. I love him so much. I'm grateful for the time I have to spend with him, even if it's like this.

No comments: