I didn't know if I'd be coming today or not. You see, a blizzard hit today, it was Not fun to drive in. Because the roads were so snowy/icy my aunt wasn't comfortable driving home from sitting with grandpa so I was going to be off the hook. My dad went to pick up my brother and sister from a friends house and ended up calling to say that the roads were okay, as long as you were careful. So, I got into my comfy clothes, packed my lappy, DVD's, snacks, a few projects and was on my way.
Half hour later(normally 10 minutes) I made it to the Rehab center my grandpa is at. My aunt gave me the run down of what's been happening. She left shortly after that. I talked to my grandpa for a minute, it was great. I could understand what he was saying, he gave me a hug and told me he loves me. He does that a lot. He doesn't remember me though.
I got situated and put in a movie. Grandpa was still awake, I told him I wasn't leaving and that he could sleep. He said, "Okay." Then before I could sit down he grabbed my hand and said, "Let me give you a hug in case I don't make it." Gave me a hug, and said I love you again.
What does my grandpa mean "..in case I don't make it." How come he said that?
No comments:
Post a Comment