2012-05-09

Night Shift Rocks!

You Never know how a night shift will go. Tonight was fun. We had five hours of consistent pages and getting people in bed. Then we had about four hours Nothing.. I tell you.. absolutely nothing. (Well I guess one of our cute yet insane residents decided to go on a walk at 2AM. She sat in the lobby and chatted with us in her slightly revealing atire. Ah, what a jem.) Then all of the sudden, all hell broke loose. Okay, it wasn't that bad. But really, it got pretty dang busy. One resident fell. Five changes. Then, I made a sandwich and charted. For the next hour-ish I will answer a few pages, turn on the bright lights in the hall, shower one woman, and hope it all goes by quickly.. you see.. I have a comfortable queen with memory foam awaiting my return. Anyway... 
Kylee and I decided to watch 27 dresses during our break. It was definitely a good choice. However, every time I watch a movie during a 12 hour night shift I get all teary eyed during the sad parts, or the joyful happy parts. We watched Titanic last time.. It was Much more sad than usual. During this one there was a tender moment between the two main characters and I definitely felt like he was talking to me.. How... Pathetic.
There's a night shift for you. Food, movies, rounds, laundry, changing people, nodding off, and lots of the unexpected. Every night is different. That's one constant you can count on. 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Are you still at The Charleston? I miss it and I miss all of you!

Jerrica said...

Yep! I just got back Friday for the summer, started working Saturday night! I miss you Lisa!! How are you?