2013-05-22

How we met.

I laugh to myself every time I'm asked the question, "So.. how did you and your boy meet??"

Side story.. Caleb Baker is one of my friends from college. We were good friends during our freshman year, he is serving his mission in Australia. I'd rather explain who he is now, than later in the story.

Towards the end of December I happen to be looking on facebook when I noticed I had an unread message. The message was from this kid, Brett Pond, who had just returned from a mission in Australia and had been companions with Caleb. Caleb had given Brett a Christmas present to give to me.

New Years Eve we met at the JCW's off the freeway, talked in the parking lot, he gave me the present and then we ended up having lunch. Let me just say that.. at this point all I thought was, "He's cute, could be a great friend.." That's all.

We texted every day after that. Then we saw each other a few times, and finally Brett asked me on an actual date! We had quite an enjoyable time, and really got to know each other.

We started dating soon after that, figured we'd just see how things went.. obviously.. it's turned out pretty great..
(It's a lot like the movie The Best Two Years..)

No comments: