2012-11-20

The Cat is Out of the Bag.

Ha! Want to hear a story? Of course you do.

In Sacrament meeting on Sunday I was assigned to give a talk on Gratitude. I had prepared my talk to be around 10-12 minutes and had everything ready. As the Bishop is announcing the speakers for the day he says something along the lines of this, "Today we will hear talks from Sephanie and Jerrica, both of whom are preparing for missions..."

A few peoples faces were priceless, I could see a little confusion as well. Im sure I went somewhat red. I looked at Dallin who was smiling very widely with a surprised expression on my face saying, "Uh... was that the plan?". In my head I was laughing So hard. So much for waiting till my papers are in to tell people...

After Stephanie spoke I got up to share my talk and started something like this, "Hi, my name is Jerrica and I am, indeed, going on a mission. My papers aren't in yet, however they should be within the next week and a half or so. Well.. I was asked to speak on..."

Secret's out. I'm going on a mission.

1 comment:

Jen Jarrett said...

Wahoo!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!! Best decision ever :)