2012-08-13

In between the busy-ness.

It hasn't seemed busy to me, but once I get to my bed at night I fall asleep quicker than you can say "that actually Was a busy day". 
Last week consisted of work, then lots and lots of fun. Monday was my dear mothers birthday, she's the greatest. Tuesday I did a little more of hanging out with my mom, then I packed for Thursday-Saturday. Wednesday was great, I worked the 12hr, then finished packing, followed by dropping my things off at the trailer. 
Now the real fun begins... 
Thursday bright and early we met at the church. We got in the cars and headed to Millsite Reservoir, which is next to Castle Dale. There was a big pavilion, lots of tents, water, and lots of people. It was a Blast. After we set up tents everyone kind of did whatever they wanted, but we played games. Kelly and I decided to walk to the water, which ended up being very exfoliating for our feet.. to say the least. After we had dinner we went to the Castle Dale pageant. I think because I saw it when I was younger, and thought it was the bees knees, this time it seemed more cheesy.. I don't know. Once we got back from that we went Star Gazing, we saw at least 10 shooting stars. It was wonderful!
Friday was chocked full of activities. We got up and ate breakfast, then played some games. I decided I wanted to go swimming. It turned out that everyone who had been swimming just as Quentin and I were going down to swim. So, we swam together. After swimming a bit, we brought out the canoe! It was really fun, and Quentin is just Such a nice guy. We eventually headed back.
After lunch, I was roped into going horseback riding.. yeah. I'm slightly terrified of horses. Trevor tried convincing me, and ended up telling the bishop I wanted to go which was a Complete Lie! But you know.. Trevor's nice and attractive, so I went. I ended up having a lot of fun. Once we got back with the horses, it was pouring, we stood inside the horse trailer until it let up, then Trevor, Blake, Clari and I walked up to the road to get the mud off of our shoes, thinking the truck would come get us 5 minutes after. We ended up being out there for about 20 minutes, and were soaked through when they picked us  up. After a hot shower and hanging up very wet clothes, we went and ate dinner. 
There was a dance that was going to happen that night.. a dance while camping, I was quite skeptical. Some people were getting a fire going, so Holly and I sat around that and warmed up. Once the dance started we sort of just watched. Ha ha! I ended up going over and dancing. I felt like a fool, but had so much fun. Trevor came over when they brought over the ice cream, then asked me to dance. Later, when the dance had ended, a few of us went star gazing again. Trevor and I settled a deal (if I don't like horseback riding, he owes me ice cream. He didn't like frisbee, I owe him) and planned when we would go get shakes. It ended up getting pretty windy so most of us turned in. 
Saturday we packed up and had a morning side which was about the Castle Dale Pageant. It was very interesting. Once camp was cleaned up we ate lunch and then went home. Holly and I switched cars so we could go home with Trevor. When I got home mom told me I had ten minutes to shower and be in the car so I could tell her about my trip while we dropped off Saige and picked up some Fabric. The rest of the night was really chill. 
The Summer Conference was SO fun. I used to think about how excited I was to move back up to Logan, but now that I've made so many friends in my new ward, I'm wishing I could stay here, and go to UVU. (Don't tell Dallin.. He'd probably disown me for even Thinking of going to UVU.. Ha ha!) Until next time, have a marvelous day.

No comments: